- Booklists for 2019 / 2020
- 1st & 2nd Class Blog
- 2nd & 3rd Class Blog
- 4th Class Blog
- 5th Class Blog
- 6th Class Blog
- Photo Gallery 2018/2019
- Newsletters, Policies, Plans
- St Colman's YouTube Videos
- St Colman's Podcasts
- St Colman's Powerpoints & Presentations
- Useful Links
- Kids' Zone
- Parents' Area
- Theme Pages
- Local History - Kanturk & the Surrounding Areas
- Internet Safety
- Green Schools
- Online Absence Note
- Contact Us
- School Archives
- School Calendar 2019 / 2020
Well done to Jack, Liam, Bryan & Adam in 6th whose stories were chosen by the readers of the 100 Word Challenge & the Star Writing as the BEST in the world in January. Their stories can be read HERE.
Catholic Schools Week 2016 begins on Sunday 29th January. Wednesday Feb 1st is designated as the day when the school community pays tribute to grandparents.
Both primary schools in the parish invite all our parents and grandparents to join us for 10 O’clock Mass on this day and afterwards join us for a cup of tea in the Girls School Hall.
We hope as many as possible can attend
Good luck to the boys taking part in the Annual Credit Union Quiz this Friday January 29th in the Edel Quinn Hall.
The teams are T1 Brian Healy, Kayden O’Driscoll, Shane Carver, Paul O’Sullivan.
T2 Jack Quirke, Kallum Young, David Allen, Liam Breen.
T3 Stephen Sheehan, Paddy Duggan, Craig McKiernan, Ronan Harrington. T4 Eoin O’Keeffe, Darragh Quirke, Krzysztof Dlubala, Charlie Barry. Sub Nathan Higgins.
On Thursday January 19th four boys and Mrs Finnegan went to Fermoy to attend a Forum on the theme of water organised by An Taisce.They had a very informative day out and came back buzzing with ideas. Currently they are reviewing the water usage in the school. They are encouraging all classes to complete a poster on ‘Clean Water and Sanitation’.
We were honoured and delighted to have a visit from the Colaiste Treasa Young Scientists on Monday. We were especially delighted to welcome back past pupil Jack Murphy,
They each spoke to us about their projects. Ronan's sister spoke about the lack of awareness particularly in Boys of the effects of Asthma.
Maeve & Aoidhe spoke about the effects of loneliness on farmers. They showed their app- The Friendly Farmer.
Conleth spoke of how the different styles of parenting affect how happy the child is.
And finally Jack- (Joe' brother and past pupil) & Michael spoke of the prey availability of Hen Harriers.
Jack capped off his visit by asking for NO HOMEWORK for his brother Joe & the rest of the school in his honour!
We wish the very Best of Luck to these talented, articulate bunch!
A meeting of the Green Schools took place on Monday January 16th.
We read over the minutes of our previous meeting.
We saw that the bathroom rota supervision was not working.
At the meeting we decided that:
1. All committee members would supervise the bathroom. 2. We were to tell the pupils about this supervision and to remind them that they were not to overuse the dryer. 3. We discussed the lady who will be coming for our shredded paper to use as bedding for her dogs. This will reduce the weight of our litter in bins. 4. We were happy with yard and noted that there was no litter there. 5. We spoke about poster competition on Theme: Global Goal to Clean Water & Sanitation. Each class to enter the competition. Closing Date 10th Feb. 6. We want to mention work of Green Schools on newsletter and school website. 7. We discussed the plans for upcoming trip to Fermoy- Forum on water organised by An Taisce & Irish Water for Thurs. Jan 19th.