Dear 6th Class,
I hope you had a lovely long weekend.
Thanks to those of you who:
- Emailed samples of work
- Answered on Seesaw
- Worked hard on IXL
- Completed the 100 Word Challenge. Congratulations to Naglis who earned a Showcase.
- Completed the Kahoot Quiz.
I am sending your parents some Educational Passport forms by post. One form needs to be filled in by your parents and you need to fill the other form. They must then be posted to the Secondary School that you will attend. Please let me know which school you are moving on to as I must also forward information about you for a smooth transition.
I will be in touch with the boys who want to be part of the Zoom call this week. Anyone else who wants to be included should let me know.
I hope you are finding ‘Big Fish to Little Fish’ helpful.
Please login to Seesaw where you can listen read and listen to our last novel of the year. You can complete activities on ‘Goodnight, Mister Tom’ there.
Finally, thanks again to all of you who are staying touch and I hope to see and hear you during the week!
Mrs O Sullivan.
Work Plan: 2nd June-5th June 2020
- Goodnight Mister Tom: We are going to try and read/listen to 2 chapters each day so we finish the novel before the end of term. For example, on Tuesday the 2nd, we will read/listen to Chapter 1, ’Meeting’ and Chapter 2, ‘Little Weirwold’. You will find the PDF and audio of the chapters on the 6th Class web page. They will also be on Seesaw where you will find the activities to be completed.
- English in Practice: Day 150, Revision Days 141-150, FINISHED! Send me a final picture!
- Better English: Unit 29 and Spellings. I will put an explanation of some of this unit on Seesaw.
- 100 Word Challenge. Please do Week 36’s prompt, ‘…that’s when I knew I should run…’. I’m looking forward to some terrific stories.
- Bun go Barr ‘An Carnabhal’ lth. 118, 119
- Mental Maths: Weeks 36 and 37. For example, do Monday and Tuesday and the problems accompanying them tomorrow.
- Mathemagic: Pages 183, 184. I will go through some examples of the sums on Seesaw.
- IXL: S2, W7, V1, V2, V3, V4, V5, V6, V7. Please try to keep going until you get a smart score of 100.
- Just Maps, Quiz 1. I will post the answers on Seesaw on Friday and you can take a picture of the page and send me your score. Maybe you could change it into a percentage too!
- ‘Big Fish to Little Fish’. Please send me some pictures of your work.