New Wave Mental Maths Starting on Week 30
Do one everyday and don’t forget the problems. I’d recommend a problem a day like we do in class. The answer book is up on our Class Page if you want to do some self-correction. Remember - No Cheating!
This week we are going to concentrate on Perimeter & Area.
Having looked around online I’d like everybody to use the IXL Site everyday for Maths. I like it because if you can’t do a question you can press the HELP button and it will explain it to you.
This week I want you specifically to do - Z1 to Z9 (Geometric measurement ) Do 20 questions in each unit. ( Or more if you want to! ) Check out your scores.
- Try the Daily 10 ( Link on our Page on Website) to test your tables. You can also use it to test fractions, decimals ...etc. Challenge yourself to Level 6!
Better English - Regardless of what you have done up to now let’s all start on Unit 25 pg 102
Do a page a day like we do in school.
Learn the Spellings to go with the unit. These are on pages 124 & 125.
Test yourself on Vocabulary Spelling City by doing the fun activities and on Friday do the Test Yourself. Check out the LINK on our page on the School website.
Read at Home - Again, let’s all start at Week 25 pg 97 : A Lunchtime Chat
Do one a day as we always do.
Questions can be answered in your Homework Copy or your English Copy.
Let’s be mindful of your punctuation and use full sentences.
Our Novel : The Demon Headmaster.
Unsure where everybody is in their Novel.
Try and Read a chapter a day. Enjoy it. It’s one of my favourites!
English in Practice
Do one a Day. Again let’s all try and start on Day 100. The answer book is up on our Class Page if you want to do some self-correction. Remember - No Cheating!
100 Word Challenge.
Do it every Monday. I look forward to reading your stories as always. Try and use as many WOW Words as possible.
Word of the Day.
I hope to put it up everyday on our Class page. Write down the definition and put it in a sentence as we always do. Try and include them in your stories.
- Keep Reading
- Join the Library online. Here's a handy guide to show you how! https://www.librariesireland.ie/news/online-services-during-coronavirus.
- Read Theory - Keep working up through the levels
Léigh Sa Bhaile : Starting at Seachtain 25 pg 97 Cuairt mo Chol Ceathrar
Do one a day in your Homework Copy or Irish Copy.
Bun go Barr: Let’s all start with Ceacht 12: Béigil
Read and answer the questions B,C,E,& F in your Irish Copies.
- TG4 - Try Cúla 4 Ar Scoil
At 10:00 a.m. on TG4.
Why not do a Project on something that interests you Try using Powerpoint or Google Slides. Email it to the school for me to see it and I’ll put it up on the website. If you are working on a Project ...obviously cut down on some of the other work given. Maths is the only work that I would prefer you to do every day.
Let’s start on Project 20 : Coordinates
History / Geography / Science / SPHE
Try reading Chapter 35: 16th Century Ireland this week. (Pg 77)
Extras If Needed:
- School Hub - RTE’s Home School Hub
- Hour of Code - Challenge Yourself.
- Scratch - Build on what you learnt from Barry. Try out one of their projects.
- Kids National Geographic. Try watching a video or two a week.
- History for Kids. Learn about each country.
- Science Kids & Science for Kids Club are both nice Science websites. Why not try out an experiment? ...with parental permission of course!?
- Read a daily fact from World Book online.
- Check out the school website for more Tools, Apps & Websites to support Learning at Home. It will be regularly updated. https://www.kanturkbns.com/tools-apps-and-websites-to-support-8203learning-at-home.html